Writing frequently to NAND - wearing, caching?

Martin Egholm Nielsen martin at egholm-nielsen.dk
Thu Feb 3 04:31:42 EST 2005

Hi there,

I have an application which may need to write states frequently to my
nand-fs in order to have these states in case of powerdown.
But I'm a bit concerned about wearing the nand if I write to frequently.

So, if I only need to write, say, 100 bytes every second, how often will
this actually be flushed to the nand?
Is there a maximum commit/flush frequency built in the driver? Or can
this be configured?
I know this is a very diffuse question, but hopefully you get my drift.

BR,
  Martin Egholm