Device ID collision in amd_flash.c

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Feb 3 05:23:52 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 10:58 +0100, Jonas Holmberg wrote:
> Silly me, who cares about obsolete drivers...
> Let me rephrase that question: Any objections before I commit on
> friday (tomorrow)?

Sorry, go ahead.

> I still would like to know how bugfixes finds their way into Linux
> 2.4. As I understand, the main trunk in CVS is for 2.6 and I can't
> find any 2.4-branch...

In general, they don't get in to 2.4. Nobody cares about 2.4 any more.
If it _works_ for you, all well and good. But if it hasn't already been
working for you for a year, then why are you trying to make it work now?
Use 2.6.

Feel free to send this change to Marcelo if you really care.

--
dwmw2