mtd size calcualtion assumes same size'd flashes ?

alfred hitch alfred.hitch at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 02:53:26 EST 2005

Hi,

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong here:
but while grepp'ing through the code of linux 2.6 base I had.
File cfi_cmdset0001.c :
function: static struct mtd_info *cfi_intelext_setup(struct map_info *map)

      mtd->size = devsize * cfi->numchips;

This seems to me an assumption that the flash'es in system are all of
same size and so can be added up ?
Is my understanding correct, sorry dont have latest code access.

If that is the case, any reasons to do so  ?
My system happened to have an odd sized flash config and was creating messups.
If my understanding is correct, I would have like to patch and post it.

Regards,
Alfred