Jffs2 issue on latest mtd for Sibley NOR

Jared Hulbert jaredeh at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 17:01:19 EST 2005

On 11/22/05, Todd Poynor <tpoynor at mvista.com> wrote:
> Menon, Nishanth wrote:
>
> > Sibley: buffer write error (status 0x190)
>
> According to the datasheet that looks like:
>
> SR[9] SR[8] SR[4]
> 0     1     1     = Error - Attempted rewrite to Object Mode region
>
> but I've no clue what causes it...
>
> --
> Todd

Oh you used the MTD's flash_eraseall -j /dev/mtdX.  Yeah...

That would do it.  That's got me before too I think.  This writes a
header to each block and then JFFS2 with writebuffer will step on that
already written to Programming Region and you give you this error.

Technical Explanation:

For M18 you can't do Word Programs to a Programming Region (1KB
region) after a Buffered Program has been done there _unless_ your
Buffered Program had a data pattern that puts the Programming Region
in Object Mode.  More details at
(http://developer.intel.com/design/flcomp/products/M18/techdocs.htm)

Moral of the story:  Don't write to the same 1KB chunk of M18 unless
you know very well what you are doing.  If you get 0x190 that what you
did.