jffs2 image upgrade on running system root

Tony Hardie Tony_Hardie at net.com
Tue Aug 23 10:16:28 EDT 2005

Hi Guys,
I have a running embedded 2.6.11 distro with a busybox type jffs2 rfs.
Not I am trying to upgrade that jffs2 imaged and tried something like to following.

Have a temp ext2 ramdisk mounted in /mnt
pivot_root . oldroot exec chroot . /linuxrc <dev/console >dev/console 2>&1 or exec chroot . /sbin/init <dev/console >dev/console 2>&1

all "seem" to work but init is still running I think on the /oldroot/ as well so when I try to umount /oldroot is just get  device or resource busy.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Tony

Tony Hardie B.Sc