JFFS2 Mount issue

Suresh K sureshkanniappan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 01:43:38 EDT 2005

Hai,

I am looking for reliable compressed R/W file system. I came to know
that JFFS2 is the reliable one. I started implementing the same in
2.4.26 kernel. Created a JFFS2 image of 80MB and copied to one of
partition in Hard Disk. I am trying to mount a 80MB JFFS2 image in
Hard disk. The time taken to mount the JFFS2 image is 30 seconds.

I tried with 2.6.10 kernel also. The time taken to mount the JFFS2
image is too large. Also i am not able to create multiple JFFS2
partition.
        cp jffs2.imf /dev/mtdblock0 - Copied the JFFS2 image to one
partition in Hard Disk
        cp jffs2.imf /dev/mtdblock1 - cannot create regular file
'/dev/mtdblock1' : No Such Device or Address

How cai reduce the more mounting time. Kindly help me in this regard.

Regards,
K. Suresh