Testing JFFS2 using mtdram

Ferenc Havasi havasi at inf.u-szeged.hu
Mon Aug 22 04:47:05 EDT 2005

Hello Bernhard,

> I'm going to run some performance and stability testing on JFFS2.
> Using mtdram makes basic testing issues very comfortable. My question
> is how far mtdram can substitute a "real" flash (not for absolute
> measurement of course, only comparisons)?
> Am I right with my first approach:
>  read operations - yes
>  write operations - no?

mtdram emulates NOR flash (both read and write operations), but does not
emulate delays. You can test stability with it, but for performance I
suggest Artem's nand simulator. It's included in the official MTD. It
can emulate delays and ceratinly you can test the NAND functionalities
of JFFS2, too.

Ferenc