is this a bug ?

ashwinc at aftek.com ashwinc at aftek.com
Fri Aug 19 15:31:50 EDT 2005

> So what ? You were asking a question about 2.4.19 and you got an answer
> related to that. It's coded that way in the ancient, broken and obsolete
> 2.4.19...

Couldnt agree more. But the deadlines prohibit us from upgrading it right
now. In fact I  have already fired up the board with 2.6.12-2 as stated
earlier, but theres still a while till I get everything we have running on
it.

> Where is the bug ?

Well, the fact that it works without any changes in 2.6.x, and that I had
to change it in 2.4. Basically, it seemed strange that rootflags is just
passed in from do_mount, remains unchanged, and later reassigned to
sb->flags in super.c.... seemed strange thats all. BTW I still need to
find out whats done differently in 2.6.x. I'm not implying this is a jffs2
bug anywhere, I just posted this to see if anyone else observed this,
since there are several others still using 2.4.19. Also, I didnt know of
the cmdline way of doing this without hacking into the source. Call me a
rookie if you want.

Well, now I know :)

Cheers,
Ashwin

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Aftek Infosys Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the individual
whatsoever is strictly prohibited.