Questions about the NFTL driver of Linux

8723074 is87074 at cis.nctu.edu.tw
Thu Aug 18 06:32:56 EDT 2005

Hello,
     I slightly traced the code of NFTL (in Linux), and I found that NFTL
will write the spare area of NAND Flash (OOB data) in the same page about
three times. However, I found that there is a limted number of partial
programming in spare area in the same page (almost only two times in many NAND
Flash spec.). Does OOB data be written in spare area successfully without
erasing? Or this is not a partial programming.

Please help me to clarify this question.
Thank you very much.

Best regards,
                                                                Joe