Intel NOR flash(P30) query

Todd Poynor tpoynor at mvista.com
Tue Aug 16 17:14:22 EDT 2005

Ralph Siemsen wrote:
> Todd Poynor wrote:
>
>> By the way, if anybody has mtd working on the new P30 chips it would
>> be good to know; I haven't seen a system with these chips yet.  They
>> are CFI 1.4, and some changes for 1.4 were added by Nicolas recently
>> to support M18 "Sibley" chips, but not sure if those changes are
>> required for P-series chips.  Thankis,
>

> Are these changes merged into mainline kernel, or only in MTD CVS?  I
> may be in a position to test this soon-ish, as we are looking for a
> replacement for the now obsoleted J/K strataflash parts and seem to be
> headed towards the P30's...

Pretty sure linux-mtd-only, these came in during the settle down period
for 2.6.13 rc's.  The CFI 1.3-based code probably works after a quick
adjustment of a revision level check (to ignore new fields at end of
vendor-specific extended query table), if you want to try kernel.org,
but testing linux-mtd is always better for us here.  Thanks,

--
Todd