Compiling JFFS3

Bernhard Priewasser bernhard at prie.de
Wed Aug 10 05:31:44 EDT 2005

Artem B. Bityuckiy wrote:
> Bernhard Priewasser wrote:
>> Ferenc Havasi's improvements are doing well? Confusing...
> His improvements are going to go into JFFS2 AFAIK

Ah, OK. To sum up (for my understanding): Ferenc's improvements (mount
time, compression) were - beside others - part of JFFS3. JFFS3 design in
its current form is not satisfactory, it will be cancelled. Anyway,
Ferenc's improvements are good and should/will be merged into JFFS2.
In parallel, there are some ideas for solving JFFS2 problems like
described in the (very nice) "JFFS3 design issues" (scaling: mount time,
memory consumption, access time). This will be the "new" JFFS3, current
solutions for scaling and stuff are not available or not satisfactory.
Correct until now? Still a bit confusing :)

Bernhard