R: Newly-erased Block...

Calò Massimo m.calo at ctsgroup.it
Mon Aug 8 05:38:19 EDT 2005

> > JFFS2 issued the erase command then found that the block
> > contains some
> > trash. That's not JFFS2's fault. Dig your flash driver/hardware.

I think that the problem is not in the erase command because in the function
"do_erase_oneblock" after
the erase command (file linux2.4.x/drivers/mtd/chips/cfi_cmdset_0002.c line
880)I tested the value of "oldstatus" and "status" variables : they have
always the same value... According to the toggle method it means that the
block has been erased (if I had understood?!?).

...please can you tell me what happen after one partition has been erased?

How does the "mount" command expect to find the erased partition? With all
bytes to 0xff or does it look for some data?

Thanks!

	Massimo.