why can i select both PHYSMAP and MULTI_PHYSMAP?

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Fri Apr 15 01:35:44 EDT 2005

On Mon, 11 April 2005 16:48:07 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Josh Boyer wrote:
> >
> > Joern (the author) is on vacation so I'll try to answer for him.

Well, they do have internet cafes in Sydney. ;)

> > If mphysmap proves to be useful and stable (it is fairly new), then
> > maybe it can eventually replace physmap.  Until then, I suppose it's
> > safest to leave both there.

Yup.

> the one thing i don't see (perhaps i'm overlooking it) is the ability
> to concatenate chips in menuconfig.  perhaps that's getting overly
> ambitious, but maybe it's not such a big step to throw in an option
> for "Concatenate all chips in their numerical order?".

If someone actually needs it, such a change wouldn't be hard to do.
Right now, mphysmap needs real users (aka a test base).  Once I
receive some success reports, things can get merged to Linus and
further functionality could be added.

Writing software you don't personally need or use is a strange
business indeed.

Jörn

--
A quarrel is quickly settled when deserted by one party; there is
no battle unless there be two.