Nand Flash not found.

William J Beksi wjbeksi at setabox.com
Thu Apr 14 06:11:36 EDT 2005

Hi Marcus,

Marcus Mikolaiczyk wrote:
> Dear list users,
>
> I've adapted a hardware driver for our board, and compiled the new
> kernel successfully. But it doesn't find the NAND Flash. When loading
> the module I get:
> insmod ./btutc1130.o
> ./btutc1130.o: init_module: No such device or address
> Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
> including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
>
> in /var/log/messages:
> Jan  1 19:25:15 10 daemon.warn klogd: No NAND device found!!!
>
> Is there any possibility to test the 'connection' to the NAND or how can
> I check/debug the problem. I think that the HW functions are not
> properly configured, any idea how this can be checked.

I often have this problem if I don't have a good physical connection
between the flash device and it's socket, so recheck your connection.
Can you post your hardware function?

--
William J Beksi                          <wjbeksi at users.sourceforge.net>
GPG Key Fingerprint = ED4B 32C3 69E6 C2B7 705C  263F CB2F 3253 E7E1 DB3B