[UPDATE] DOCBoot support for NFTL-based DOC2000

Dan Brown dan_brown at ieee.org
Tue Apr 5 15:51:57 EDT 2005

Zeri Virgo wrote:

> Rebooted and disabled/removed all other boot devices. As the BIOS gets
> going, I see "Installing DOCBoot." then a "System Configurations" page
> with
>     ...<snip>...
>     Verifying DMI Pool Data .........
>
> where the "_" is a flashing cursor. The keyboard is unresponsive and
> nothing further happens :(

OK, I'm slightly stumped.  So, I've just checked into CVS some
additional changes to DOCBoot.  There is a small (but important) fix to
memory size detection, which shouldn't affect you since you're not using
initrd (I think).

There is also a new option in doc_bootstub.h: #define DEBUG_BUILD.  This
will print out some interesting info during the "Installing DOCBoot"
phase, and wait for a keypress.  Please copy it down and let me know
what it says.  It will also be more verbose during the actual kernel
hanging.

    -Dan