JFFS2 an nodes checking

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Sep 28 10:37:22 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 18:26 +0400, Artem B. Bityuckiy wrote:
> Yes, you are right. But we may handle this situation. Suppose we've
> found that the last node is bad. In this can we write new node
> containing the same data area (the area range is known since the header
> CRC is good). Thus, that last bad node will be obsoleted and the new
> last node will be good. If there are will be new unclean reboot, we will
> have two bad nodes at the end.
> Only after obsoleting last bad node we allow new writes.
>
> What do you think now? :-)

It doesn't work unless you _know_ that the last time the fs was mounted
it was with this new code instead of with the old code which _doesn't_
do that. Unless you call it JFFS3 it doesn't seem like the answer :)

> I'm really going to do such the optimization and your idea is
> complicated enough. I'd like to find easier solution and don't introduce
> additional complicated things to the already complicated file system :-)
> Ok, I'll think on this problem.

The file system is simple -- in fact it's _trivial_. Only the
optimisations are complex. It's a bit like chess. :)

--
dwmw2