JFFS2 an nodes checking

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Sep 28 09:45:32 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 17:37 +0400, Artem B. Bityuckiy wrote:
> If this isn't last node, the reason is media errors.

No. What about an unclean reboot followed by more valid writes? You end
up with the broken node in the middle.

> Another possibility is to teach the GC not to delete obsolete nodes for
> not yet checked inodes.

The GC already doesn't delete _anything_ until all inodes have been
checked. In fact I suppose it _could_ proceed, checking each inode only
as and when it encounters a node belonging to that inode... but that
would generally screw up the accounting totals and make my head hurt so
it wasn't done that way.

--
dwmw2