Supporting flash that is locked by default

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Sep 25 06:33:36 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 19:18 -0700, Christopher Hoover wrote:
> Somone (either rmk or David -- I don't recall whom) didn't feel the unlock
> belonged in the mapping code and didn't want the patch.   It would be nice
> to come up with a solution that pleased everyone.

This locking scheme is daft. My original reaction was to hide it in the
mapping driver for such idiotic flashes, but they're more common now and
it really is a function of the flash not of the board. I suspect we
ought to add a quirk entry for these flashes, and automatically unlock
them on probe.

--
dwmw2