AW: how to change size of MTD partitions at runtime

Kuefmann Andreas ICM CP RD SD 1 andreas.kuefmann at siemens.com
Thu Sep 2 10:48:06 EDT 2004

Hi Stephan,

thanks for your proposal. Unfortunately we have a very limited flash, so we
can't afford an additional partition for sw update purpose as you suggested.

If it should happen that future kernel/rootfs images would exceed the current
mtd partition sizes we'd have to shrink another mtd partition (user data)
accordingly in order to regain the missing space.

I don't think I'd have to re-mount/re-sync after the update, since it's OK
to reboot the machine after the update has completed.

regards,
- Andy