mkfs.jffs2 with DENX 2.4 kernel on MPC8260

Jeff Angielski jangiels at speakeasy.net
Sun Oct 31 16:30:04 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 16:05, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <1099172137.30440.8.camel at nighteyes.localdomain> you wrote:
> >
> > Using the default rootfs image from the ELDK toolkit and with the
> > MTD/jffs2 debugging turned on, this is what I see:
>
> You may want to update your kernel tree. On our CVS server  you  will
> find a kernel tree which includes a much more recent MTD snapshot.

My 2.4 kernel source is up-to-date with the latest code from the DENX
CVS linuxppc_2_4_devel tree.

It is the ramdisk_image from ELDK 3.0 that I am using for the rootfs.
In fact, I tried todays buildroot image from uclibc/busybox and it did
not work either

The only "unusual" think about my flash is that it is configured for a
64bit bus (4x16).  The DENX kernel was the only 2.4 kernel that would
even work this much with the 64bit bus configuration - due mainly to
your efforts to hand merge the MTD code before it went 2.6-only.

Jeff Angielski