USB-flash driver

mike mikelee at avantwave.com
Fri Oct 29 05:36:32 EDT 2004

Fillod Stephane wrote:

>>>   My situation is , to make my ARM-based board to be a USB mass
>>> storage disk from outside view. I am using Motorola M9328MXL
>>> development board with USB client.
>>>

>> So your board is going to be an USB peripheral, right?
>>

>>>   My question is how can i utilize mtd api to make the driver? Or
>>> anyone done that before? Or anyone can give me some advises?
>>>

>> Have a look at the fine Linux-USB Gadget project
>> http://www.linux-usb.org/gadget
>> Your board should use the "File-backed Storage" driver, with the
>> actual file
>> (mtdblock or mtdchar?) being accessed through the VFS.
>>
>> Once you find out the details, some feedback on the list will be much
>> appreciated, especially from the next person asking this soon-to-be a
>> FAQ :-)
>>

>> Best Regards,

Dear Fillod

   Actually, i do have a USB ram disk driver from the BSP of motorola, i
also located the read write code to the driver, but it is RAM ,not flash.
     I have a guess and please fix me.
   Can I use the functions in <include/linux/mtd/CFI.h > to
read/write/erase my chip (AM29PLD127 AMD CFI flash) DIRECTLY?

   I think this can speed up my process if i need to rewrite the gadget
driver on M9328 chip

   Thanks for helping
best regard
Mike,Lee