Problems with DiskOnChip 2000

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Sat Oct 2 17:05:36 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 16:58, Dmitry wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I have pc104 system ICOP-6070 with DiskOnChip 2000 on it..
> Here is task to install linux OS on this system..
> With Knoppix 3.6 CD I start linux and try load drivers for this flash disk for
> next step with installation on it, but modules don't see chip on board...
>
> kernel 2.6.8:
> #insmod mtdcore
> #insmod nand_ids
> #insmod docecc
> #insmod doc2000
> #insmod docprobe
> and i have:
> Resource temporarily unavailable

Use the new diskonchip driver in drivers/mtd/nand. The old drivers are
DEPRECATED (See Kernel config) and will be removed in the near future.

> kernel 2.4.27:
> Unknown flash chip found: 81 81
> Please report to dwmw2 at infradead.org
> No flash chips recognised.
> Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID 36 found at 0xe8000
> Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID C6 found at 0xea000
> Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID F6 found at 0xec000
> Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID C1 found at 0xee000

None of those ID's is a valid chip ID except the 0x36, which is a
64MiB,1.8V chip. I doubt, that there are DoC's available with 1.8V
supply. The stuff looks more like random nonsense.

Use a recent 2.6 kernel with the new diskonchip driver. We don't know
which kernel modifications are on the Knoppix CD, so please use a kernel
>= V2.6.8.1 from kernel.org and if the problems persist the latest MTD
patches from the MTD website.

tglx