(no subject)

Artem B. Bityuckiy dedekind at phoenix.infradead.org
Tue Nov 16 08:48:48 EST 2004

Hello David,

When I create checkpoints, I read all the nodes which will be referred by
this checkpoint and check their CRCs. This is because we must trust
checkpoints and do not check CRCs for them on the iget() call.

When the Garbage Collector moves node, which is currently referred by an
checkpoint inact (I mean the jffs2_garbage_collect_pristine() function),
we have to read this node after we GC it. This is the problem. The unclean
reboot may happed and we can not guarantee that all noted in checkpoint
are OK. :-(

So, how do you think is it absolutely necessary to check that nodes which
are reffered by checkpoint are OK? Is it OK if we just detect errors when
we actually read file?

Thanks.

--
Best Regards,