(no subject)

Artem B. Bityuckiy dedekind at phoenix.infradead.org
Tue Nov 16 06:42:26 EST 2004

David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 11:34 +0300, Artem B. Bityuckiy wrote:
>
>>Hello guys,
>>
>>I would be happy to know your opinions about to introduce one more
>>32-bit field to the node_ref structure in the JFFS2. Is this really bad?
>

> Yes but if you make a really good case for it and you finish the bits
> which allow us to drop the length field we might let you get away with
> it :)

It seems I've found the way how to avoid this. But I need more bits in the
node_ref structure. The flash_offset field is already used so I have
decided to use the next_in_ino field which is always at least 4-byte
aligned. It is the dangerous game with adresses, but I really want to
save memory. Do you think it is OK? (I think yes)

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,