MTD Driver problem/question with 384MB MD2202-D384.

Ed Berube eberube at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 17:15:33 EST 2004

I saw a message in the archive from June 2003, but there was no
response that I could find.

This is the DiskOnChip I concerned about.

Its the 384MB - The MD2202-D384.
Under Linux with a 2.4.27 patched with MTD kernel

Now I have followed the instructions on building a DOC system from
OReilly's Building Embedded Systems book.  And its pretty straight
forward.  Building/patching the kernel (version 2.4.27) with the MTD
drivers.  However it claims that the MTD drivers don't work with DOCs
with firmware version 5.0 or larger.  Now I don't know if this is
still the case.  Now the book advises replacing the firmware with the
Version 4.2 firmware.  However, this fails on the 384 MB DOC.  Now
when I compile the kernel and run it, and it doesn't seem to find the
DOC.

I have to ask is the MD2202-D384 supported by MTD?  Is there a work
around to get this DOC to work with MTD.  Or am I missing something
and this should all be working.

I would like to note, that I actually have tested a MD2202-D32-X
(32MB) DOC (w/ version 4.2 firmware), and it seems to work.  I haven't
extensively tested it, but it is accessible, which is further than I
have gotten on the 384MB Version.

Any help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ed