Smartmedia block device code

Nikita V. Youshchenko yoush at cs.msu.su
Tue May 25 12:52:05 EDT 2004

Hello.

AFAIK, linux-mtd still has no read-write SmartMedia driver.

About a year ago I created a driver that implements a read-write block
device for SmartMedia nandflash, for an embedded device with arm processor
running Linux 2.2.1 kernel. With this driver, card could be mounted
read-write, file interchange with USB card readers was possible; also
there is a number of ioctls() for lowlevel card access, and a user-level
tool for doing low-level card manipulations.

I'm not interested in this code today (and I don't have hardware). However,
maybe someone needs it?

It's attached, and also available from
http://zigzag.lvk.cs.msu.su/~nikita/sm.tar.bz2

It does not use mtd infrastructure (AFAIK there was none in 2.2 kernel),
and probably needs some obvious fixes to run on any kernel other than was
used on that device. But is should be more or less trivial to port it to
recent kernels and MTD infrastructure.

Nikita

P.S.
If you wish to reply, please CC: to yoush at cs.msu.su - I am not on the list.