blkmtd (and YAFFS)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon May 17 14:27:36 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 17:39 +0100, Wookey wrote:
> blkmtd appears to allow this but I see few mentions of it since early 2002.
> Is it stable, does it work, has anyone ever tried it with YAFFS?

It doesn't give you OOB data, so I don't know if it will work with
YAFFS. It certainly works with JFFS2.

The JFFS2 support could be severely optimised on blkmtd though --
batching into 512 byte writes as we do for NAND but without the ECC or
putting cleanmarkers in the OOB area (or possibly without cleanmarkers
at all although that's harder).

--
dwmw2