New NAND interface

Simon Haynes simon at baydel.com
Mon May 10 12:35:47 EDT 2004

On Monday 10 May 2004 4:32 pm, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Monday 10 May 2004 16:04, Simon Haynes wrote:
> > I explained, recently, on #mtd, that jffs2 was generating bad crc
>
> Yep. I explained this in
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2004-April/009632.html

Sorry, I should have looked at the archives. This makes it all clear to me.

> > moment I have fixed this in my NAND driver by specifying autooob with the
> > useecc field set to 0.
>
> Sorry, I was not aware that you have a block driver for SM-FAT. Is this
> driver available anywhere ?

I have spoken to David about this and I am more than happy to provide the
source to anyone. David, kindly, suggested I send the code to him and he
would have a look before integrating it into the CVS system. I have not sent
it to David as there are restrictions which would not make it suitable for
all. I had planned to remove these and tidy things up but I just have not
made the time.

> > Firstly I am concerned that this might cause problems with other users of
> > the NAND driver.  Is there cause for concern ?
>
> AFAIK, are JFFS2 and YAFFS the only clients of NAND driver, except your
> SSFDC module.

I guess JFFS2 and YAFFS will not bothered about my NAND driver doing auto
placement as they have their own schemes ?

> Secondly my SSFDC layer will only work with my NAND driver.
> If you have more questions feel free to ask or let me have a look into the
> code so I can give you more detailed hints.

As I said, I will supply you the code but I do not expect you to support it
and I do regard it as, incomplete, for gereral use.