[patch] Allow any filesystem on MTD Nand when Read Only

Phillip Lougher phillip at lougher.demon.co.uk
Wed May 5 13:44:59 EDT 2004

David Daney wrote:
> Pantelis Antoniou wrote:
>>
>> The following patch allows you to have any filesystem over NAND when
>> mounted
>> read only.
> After more thought, I am in the process of doing something similar.

I have also been doing something similar to this - though I put the bad
block handling into Squashfs (another RO compressed filesystem).  It
therefore seems as if all the possible approaches have been tried:
putting the bad block code in the NAND layer; implementing a new RO
block-driver; and putting the bad block code in the RO filesystem!  It
definately seems as if there is a requirement for this in the main source.

Pantelis have you looked at Squashfs?  This filesystem gives much better
compression than CRAMFS.

Phillip