More information about problem with Mapping driver

Luke Fimmerzane lukefimmerzane at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 30 05:46:14 EST 2004

I dont know if I made it clear enough in my last email that I am
passing mtdparts information  on the command line to the kernel.
Having spent the last few days looking at it I think that what is
happening is that the mtparts information is not being read by the
kernel... but Im not sure.

Could someone confirm if the kernel message
"mtd: Giving out device 0 to Physically mapped flash" actually means
that the mtd subsystem is working and that it has successfully found
the Stratflash.
The respone to the cat /proc/mtd would certainly suggest to me that
it has assigned dev/0 to my strataflash....
If I'm right in my assessment that the 'mtdparts'  info is not being
read by kernel, is there any way that I can confirm this?

Thanks again,
Luke