Running out of space on MTD partition with JFFS2

Rajesh B. V. rajeshbv at intotoinc.com
Thu Mar 25 05:48:42 EST 2004

Hi David,

Thanks for the response.

>Are you removing the old files first, or writing the new files with
>different names and then renaming them to the same name as the original
>files? Or are you opening the original files with O_TRUNC?

I am overwriting the old files with new files ( with same name directly )
using simple 'cp'
# cp -f /config  /mnt/jffs2  ( where /mnt/jffs2 is mounted through
/dev/mtdblock4 ).

>Are there any processes running which still have the old file open?

There are no other processes using these files once copy is done. Only
during bootup and during taking backup only these files will be accessed.

Regards,
--Rajesh