Problems using JFFS2 on my Samsung NAND chip

Juergen Beisert jbeisert at eurodsn.de
Tue Mar 23 06:55:52 EST 2004

Hello group.

I have trouble using a JFFS2 filesystem on my NAND chip.

I have tried:

emb> eraseall --jffs2 /dev/mtd/0

Last ouput of this command is:
Erasing 16 Kibyte @ ffc000 -- 99 % complete. Cleanmarker written at ffc000.

emb> mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock/0 /mnt
Cowardly refusing to erase blocks on filesystem with no valid JFFS2 nodes
empty_blocks 0, bad_blocks 0, c->nr_blocks 1024
mount: Mounting /dev/mtdblock/0 on /mnt failed: Invalid argument

My NAND is a Samsung K9F2808U0B chip. I found a small discussion in february
2004 in this list about this chip ("JFFS2 NAND support - Mount failure on
"good" filesystem" by Joshua Wise).
So I have updated my mtd sources but I get the same results as before.

Any hints?

JB