large page NAND

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Mar 18 09:15:26 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 07:57 -0600, David Updegraff wrote:
> Hi.
>
> There was a post or two a few months ago about support for larger
> (1,2,?,K) pagesize and the extra 2 bytes of config available in newer
> NAND chips..  And a cautionary about asking for advice before
> proceeding. Is there followup/progress on that front that I have missed?
> We are looking into these needs for some Samsung 2k-page NANDs.

Thomas and I haven't been forced to deal with these flashes and hence
haven't given it much thought. Nobody else seems to be hugely prolific.

> Advice & recommended directions appreciated.

Try it. The existing code shouldn't be _too_ hard to adjust. Join #mtd
on irc.freenode.net and heckle Thomas and I about how you want the
generic NAND interfaces changed.

--
dwmw2