Bug in nand_select_chip?

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Thu Mar 18 04:15:58 EST 2004

On Thursday 18 March 2004 09:11, llandre wrote:
> > > I fixed the driver as shown in the NAND Flash document:
> > > - nCE pin low when hwcontrol is invoked with NAND_CTL_SETNCE
> > > - nCE pin high when hwcontrol is invoked with NAND_CTL_CLRNCE
> > > and now the driver works with the new MTD code.
> >
> >That's the reason why documents are written. :)
> >
> >But the driver should work with the old code too, as this never changed
> > since we started NAND support in JFFS2.
>
> In my understanding the driver does not work with the old code because
> the old nand_select_chip() implementation called this->hwcontrol(mtd,
> NAND_CTL_CLRNCE),
> with chip==0, setting the nCE pin high.

That's correct, but you unfortunaly relied on code, which was in a heavy
modifciation phase. If you use leading edge code, be aware, that things might
be broken from time to time. The fix for this was committed 10 days after the
first rework.

--
Thomas
linutronix - competence in embedded & realtime linux
mail: tglx at linutronix.de