Bug in nand_select_chip?

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Wed Mar 17 11:05:28 EST 2004

On Wednesday 17 March 2004 16:44, llandre wrote:
> Hi,

The calling functions were changed, so there is no problem at all.

> The new function, with chip==0, sets the nCE pin high:

Wrong. SETNCE means set nCE active, which sets the physical pin low.
Therefor it is called _n_CE and SET_N_CE.

> 1) Why did the code change this way?

To handle multiple chips.

> 2) I think the best way to overcome the problem is to define a proprietary
> nand_select_chip function
> in the low-level driver and to make the select_chip pointer in the struct
> nand_chip to point to it. Correct?

You need only a seperate select function, if you have non standard hardware.
The hwcontrol function should be enough adjustment for most boards, where you
have 1 NAND chip to select.

--
Thomas
linutronix - competence in embedded & realtime linux
mail: tglx at linutronix.de