Writing 4k blocks to flashB

Matthias Gorjup mgorjup at norik.com
Tue Mar 9 14:14:15 EST 2004

Hello,

we are trying to optimize the speed of writing large files to flash
(Fujitsu MBM29LV650, 8 MB, 16bit). After using strace to see how long and
how often system calls are being performed, we have found out that writing
to flash is being done in 4kB large blocks and that each write
takes between 0.15 and 0.3 sec. Can we optimize this figures? Would it
make sense to modify mtd to write larger blocks to flash? Which files do
we need to change for this modification?

Best Regards

Matthias Gorjup
Norik Systems
www.norik.com