JFFS2 Corruption.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Mar 3 10:31:41 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 11:08 +0000, Simon Haynes wrote:
> Beyond that I don't really know what I am looking for in the log. I can mail it to you
> personally but as I said it's 4Mb compressed.

(for the benefit of the peanut gallery...)

The CRC error was harmless. It was a node being garbage-collected, which
we didn't bother to finish writing because it contained only a redundant
copy of data which existed elsewhere on the flash already.

We could try to be slightly quieter about such things, but then we might
actually miss something which _is_ a problem. Better to be concerned
when there isn't a problem, than to be blissfully unaware when there
_is_ one. Perhaps.

--
dwmw2