DOC Mil Plus 32 question erase size erase shift????

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Mon Jun 21 17:15:21 EDT 2004

On Monday 21 June 2004 20:44, Carlos, John J USAATC wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>   Trying to get the bbt stuff working for diskonchip Mil Plus 32.  Question
> in nand_scan_bbt, I pass a erasesize of 8000 (32k bytes).  Is this the

Where do you pass erasesize ? Erasesize is an autodetected value inside
nand_scan() and _must not_ be modified.

> correct size???  If so then I get 256 bytes of mem allocated for this->bbt
> but then it fails (out of memory) when I try to allocate 88ooo bytes for
> the buffer.  Is this correct?  544K bytes for that buffer.  My proc/meminfo
> shows much more memory

Ooops !

It fails as kmalloc max. allocation size is 128K.

But why does anything there try to allocate 544K for a buffer ?????  What did
you change in nand_bbt.c ? What's the bbt structure you pass to
nand_scan_bbt ?

Can you send me your driver code so I can have a look ?

--
Thomas
From slash dot org
mail: tglx at linutronix.de