DOC support update

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Fri Jun 18 20:07:42 EDT 2004

On Saturday 19 June 2004 01:30, Dan Brown wrote:

> The new NAND-subsystem-based DiskOnChip driver should now be fairly close
> to providing proper JFFS2 support, if it doesn't already.  A tricky issue
> with the hardware ECC generator was discovered today, and hopefully solved.

Kudos to Dan for all his efforts.

> - Have a DOC Millenium or DOC2000 TSOP.  Millenium+ is not supported (other
> folks are hard at work on this).  DOC2000 original does not have BBT
> handling yet (coming soon!) and should not be used with JFFS2 yet.

Please join this effort as it will provide all the benefits of the generic
mtd/nand subsystem and help us avoid to have redundant and incompatible code.
At least the prospect to run JFFS2 or YAFFS on DoC should convince you of the
worthiness of this effort.

I'm positive that the Millenium+ efforts will show up with similar results
soon. The general problems of DoC support seem to be solved so it should be a
straight forward task despite of the device specific oddities to get it
running soon.

Please note that we plan to obsolete the DoC drivers in drivers/mtd/devices in
the long run and switch the DoC support completely over to mtd/nand. This
will affect the (I)NFTL layers too, as they will benefit from the nand
functionality too.

--
Thomas
From slash dot org