DoC MilPlus32 try to get working???

Carlos, John J USAATC john.carlos at atc.army.mil
Fri Jun 18 08:56:29 EDT 2004

Hi,

  I have been trying to get diskonchip to work with the MilPlus chip.  I
have merged the drivers in the devices directory in diskonchip.c  I still
have to see if the bad block table is working/implemented.  This is the
error message I get the first time after a boot up that I insmod diskonchip.
Subsequent insmods of diskonchip just report no valid boot record.

  Could anyone tell me what the cause is.  I guess I need to get the bad
block checking working first before anything else?

mtd: Giving out device 4 to DiskOnChip Millennium Plus
in inftl_add_mtd
INFTL: add_mtd for DiskOnChip Millennium Plus
INFTL: INFTL_mount(inftl=0xc1cc6600)
INFTL: find_boot_record(inftl=0xc1cc6600)
INFTL: block read at 0x0 of mtd4 failed: -22
INFTL: block read at 0x8000 of mtd4 failed: -22
INFTL: block read at 0x10000 of mtd4 failed: -22
INFTL: block read at 0x18000 of mtd4 failed: -22
INFTL: block read at 0x20000 of mtd4 failed: -22
INFTL: further failures for this block will not be printed
INFTL: could not find valid boot record?
INFTL: could not mount device
NFTL: add_mtd for DiskOnChip Millennium Plus
Block read at 0x0 of mtd4 failed: -22
Block read at 0x8000 of mtd4 failed: -22
Block read at 0x10000 of mtd4 failed: -22
Block read at 0x18000 of mtd4 failed: -22
Block read at 0x20000 of mtd4 failed: -22
Further failures for this block will not be printed
Could not find valid boot record
NFTL: could not mount device
#

Thanks to all who have been answering my calls for help!!!!
John