DOC Mill Plus 32M What next?

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Tue Jun 1 10:34:34 EDT 2004

David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 09:39 -0400, Carlos, John J USAATC wrote:
>
>>What tools can I use on the chip to prepare it for use??  Nftl_format
>>reports wrong erase size of 0x10000?  I have read others postings and I am
>>not sure if I should be using nftl_format anyway?  Can soemone please tell
>>me the proper procedure to prep the chip for a jffs2 file system???
>

> Use the DOS tools if you can. Or look on SnapGear's web site to see if
> you can find an 'inftl_format' tool.

I keep an nftl_format in the uClinux-dist code base that is capable
of formating INFTL as well.

Get the whole package and use uClinux-dist/user/mtd-utils/nftl_format.c

http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/dist/

Or just pull it from CVS at:

http://cvs.uclinux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/uClinux-dist/user/mtd-utils/nftl_format.c

It doesn't currently support erase sizes of 0x10000 either though...

Regards
Greg

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Dude       EMAIL:     gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear -- a CyberGuard Company            PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888