Suspend on 2.6.7-rc1 with mtd-snapshot-20040718

Ben Dooks ben-mtd at fluff.org
Mon Jul 26 10:56:39 EDT 2004

I have a 2.6.7-rc2 kernel (PXA255) with a newish mtd
snapshot applied, and I have a problem with suspend-to-ram
with the mtdblockd and ntfld not going to sleep, and causing
the suspend to fail.

The kernel outputs the following:

stopping tasks failed (1 tasks remaining)
Restarting tasks...<6> Strange, mtdblockd not stopped

I guess mtdblockd isn't going to sleep when
requested, and is therefore causing the power
management to abort. Is there a fix in the newer
releases, or do I need to investiage this problem
further?

--
Ben (ben at fluff.org, http://www.fluff.org/)

  'a smiley only costs 4 bytes'