starting address of mtd device

Josh Boyer jdub at us.ibm.com
Mon Jul 19 09:28:12 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 07:49, Dmitry A. Fedorov wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Josh Boyer wrote:
>
> In previous MTD releases there was kernel config parameters
> CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_START and CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_LEN
> and it was enough to provide these parameters at kernel' .config
> for physmap driver and new board worked. Now I should write my own board
> map driver.
> Why? It is better to restore this nice feature.

That feature hasn't been removed...  that's why I said "If there isn't a
specific map driver for your board, see physmap.c".  So physmap is still
there.

However, some people prefer to write their own map drivers for their
boards for various reasons.  I was simply presenting all the options.
Sorry for any confusion.

josh