PCI flash: found no device

Amit Shah amitshah at gmx.net
Thu Jul 15 07:13:55 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I've added support for flash memory for a PCI card in
drivers/mtd/maps/pci.c, based on the two existing drivers. The flash type
is Intel 28F series and supports CFI probes. On loading the pci.ko module
(I'm using 2.6.6), the message says CFI: Found no 0000:04:02.2 device at
location zero. This also means that it found the PCI card and the flash
memory at the appropriate function and BAR. I've sprinkled some printk's
which show that the pci_resource_start is being read correctly from the
device that's to be used as the flash resource.

Do I have to have some extra driver, like a standalone driver in
drivers/mtd/maps/ which does some other initialization? I tried that
approach as well, but even that thing reports the same problem, so I'm not
sure what I'm missing.

Can someone tell me what's missing?

Thanks,
Amit.