CRC error in cramfsck

w h wh3cq at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 14 05:07:09 EDT 2004

Hi,

Today I meet a problem which makes me tear my hair out. This phenomenon
never occurred before.I use Moto DragonBall MX1 ADS.

The command "cramfsck -x Dir Filename" worked ok before. But this afternoon
when I use it to decompress some cramfs file I made by myself, it occurs
the error as following. But it works well with the original root.cramfs in
MX1 ADS.
warning: file extends past end of filesystem
./crmfsck: crc error

Also there is error in using "mkcrmfs Dir Filename" to make my own cramfs
file, which never
happened before:

Everything: 4 kilobytes
Super block:76 bytes
CRC:fdeb894a

Is there anyone who knows the reason? Please help. Thanks!