sflash: CFI does not contain boot bank location. Assuming top.

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 10 20:09:53 EDT 2004

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> Dear Robert,
>
> in message <Pine.LNX.4.60.0407101310380.16786 at localhost.localdomain> you wrote:
>>
>>    the build is successful, but at boot time, i get (excerpt):
>>
>> init_synergy_mtd: processing flash bank 0: sflash.
>> init_synergy_mtd: Remapped flash bank sflash to 0xc3000000.
>> sflash: Found 1 x16 devices at 0x0 in 16-bit mode
>>   Amd/Fujitsu Extended Query Table at 0x0040
>> sflash: CFI does not contain boot bank location. Assuming top. (?????)
>
> Fujitsu flash, right?

actually AMD, but the kernel config lists AMD/Fujitsu as a single
option.  is the patch then still relevant?

and another issue is that an older, hacked kernel -- 2.4.22-pre8 that
we got from embedded planet -- does work with the board, but in
upgrading to the latest 2.4.25 DENX ppc kernel, i have no way of
knowing if there are any funny, subtle or obscure kernel fixes that we
got with it that i'm not aware of.

i'll take a shot at the patch tomorrow morning.  thanks.  and i'll
read over the older (hacked by us) version of rpxlite.c that works
with the older kernel to see if i've overlooked something.

rday