adding cmd-line partitioning to rpxlite.c

Marius Groeger mgroeger at sysgo.com
Mon Jul 5 04:03:38 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> > spaced into it (YMMV). Still, I also like reusing things, and maybe it
> > would be a good thing to add code that replaces the embedded spaces
> > with underscores?
>
> Better use shorter names. Wast^H^H^H^H Using  41  characters  of  the
> kernel command line for the MTD id's alone is IMHO not a good idea.

Probably. Still, the current implementation is misleading and should
be resolved. Things were easier if command line partitioning was
default for all maps, and not something to add in later on demand.

Regards,
Marius

--
Marius Groeger <mgroeger at sysgo.com>           Project Manager
SYSGO AG                      Embedded and Real-Time Software