adding cmd-line partitioning to rpxlite.c

Marius Groeger mgroeger at sysgo.com
Fri Jul 2 10:55:01 EDT 2004

Hi Robert,

First off, I took the liberty of putting linux-mtd on CC.

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Marius Groeger wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >
> >>          lubbock_maps[flashboot^1].name = "Lubbock Application Flash";
> >>          lubbock_maps[flashboot].name = "Lubbock Boot ROM";
> ok, so just to confirm, this file is an example that just wouldn't
> work with command-line partitioning, since the partitioning does use
> the map_info "name" field for <mtd-id>, right?

Yep!

Actually, using the map_info name field was added by someone else
after I did the initial implementation. Originally, there was a
separate MTDID #define which made it somewhat less likely to get
spaced into it (YMMV). Still, I also like reusing things, and maybe it
would be a good thing to add code that replaces the embedded spaces
with underscores?

Regards,
Marius

--
Marius Groeger <mgroeger at sysgo.com>           Project Manager
SYSGO AG                      Embedded and Real-Time Software