adding cmd-line partitioning to rpxlite.c

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 2 09:06:38 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 08:26 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>> these name values have embedded spaces.  how exactly does that work in
>> trying to use command-line partitioning here?  or did i misread how to
>> specify the <mtddef> field on the the command line?
>>
>> or, to be more brief, how would one use command-line partitioning for
>> lubbock-flash.c?  i'm going to do a more careful re-reading of
>> cmdlinepart.c to see what i missed.  thanks.
>
> I don't know if or how it work. Perhaps there's a way to escape stuff on
> the command line, or perhaps it just doesn't work.

ok, i'll take a closer look at how the cmdline partitioning parser
works.  there are a number of maps source files that use embedded
spaces in their map_info.name fields, but a lot of them don't bother
with the option of parsing the command line.

i'll just keep things simple for my test example.

rday