MTD - DOC 2000 freezes on umount

Mark Richards markr at massmicro.com
Thu Jan 22 22:35:57 EST 2004

I finally managed to get a good build running on the 2.4.24 kernel on RedHat
7.2, applying the MTD drivers.  Here's what I had to do:

1. Copy the sources (not link them).
2. Include the JFFS drivers.
3. Use make oldconfig (make xconfig is not properly supported by one of the
MTD make files)

In a previous try I also had to fix one of the sources which had an extra
parameter defined, but in my finally-successful build this problem did not
show up.

So the problem I had - lock up when issuing a umount - is resolved, but it
was not easy getting there :)

I can't explain why the MTD version that ships with the 2.4.24 kernel has
this problem and I can't find any reference to it searching the newsgroups,
etc.

Mark Richards